In today’s competitive marketing climate you might ask, “ how important are on-line reviews to shoppers and customers.” It turns out VERY IMPORTANT. According to Invesp, 90% of customers read online reviews before visiting a business and here are some observations:
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- Customers are likely to spend 31% more on a business with “ excellent “ reviews.
- 72% say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more.
- 92% of users will use a local business if it has a 4-star rating.
- 72% of customers will take action only after reading a positive review.
- 86 % of people will hesitate to purchase from a business that has negative online reviews.
We work with clients to make sure all digital profiles are accurate and to correct any errors. If you receive a negative review it is important to respond promptly in a personal manner. Never argue with a customer in an online forum or directory. If there has been a mistake, try to provide a solution if possible. And most importantly, ask loyal customers to share their experiences.